Here are everyday actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Recommendations for people with respiratory symptoms
If you have symptoms of fever, cough, and/or difficulty breathing and in the last 14 days:
- You traveled to/through Wuhan, OR
- You visited another affected region in China, OR
- You had close contact with someone who had traveled to an affected region in China and had respiratory symptoms
- Seek medical care right away. Contact your healthcare provider or the Italian Ministry of Health toll-free number, 1500.
- Students may call EMERGENCY NUMBER TBC, day or night.
- Avoid contact with others.
- Do not travel while sick. Please do not get on public transportation or just arrive at University.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available